Indian Public Service set-up has a dynamic structure, specifically categorized under several Cadres of Civil Servants. The responsibilities in each Cadre can be justified with the pre-defined service delivery, though the entire system is linked in some way or the other. As per the National Training Policy 2012, all civil servants will be provided with training to equip them with the competencies for their current or future jobs. To achieve this, while defining the ‘Role of Ministries/Departments, it is indicated that each Ministry/Department shall adopt a Systematic Approach to Training.
Orientation Training for Training Managers (OTTM) will equip the Training Managers in the Central Ministries/Departments with the requisite skills to implement the National Training Policy and impact the Capacity Building and Service Delivery in Public Services.
To equip Training Managers with skills to perform their functions as per National Training Policy
At the end of the 2-day Orientation Training, Training Managers in the Central Ministries/ Departments will be able to
- Describe broad features of NTP 2012
- Explain role of Training Managers of Central Ministries/Departments in implementing the NTP
- Prepare an Action Plan for implementation of NTP in their Ministry/Department
- Get an overview of the Systematic Approach to Training
- Get a list of trainers, to implement the steps in the cycle of Systematic Approach to Training